Two brethren from FamilySearch headquarters came to the LDS Service Center in Bangkok Thailand on Wed. 19 and Thu. 20. These brethren were:
1. Ty Davies, Family Search Director, Program Manager, and
2. Derek Dobson, FamilySearch Senior Product Manager, Asia Pacific
The purpose of the visit was to: (Note: purpose was adjusted as information unfolded)
a) Determine if the Thai translation was correct for the all Thai “Family Booklet” online version of My Family booklet. That is, did the Thai instruction and layout make sense to a Thai as written in Thai.
b) Interview Thai people about navigating in Family Booklet and asking for suggestions of clarification and improvement.
c) Determine the challenges of a Thai person (with little or no English ability) of logging on to FamilySearch and on to Family Booklet.
Brothers Davies and Dobson took notes on their laptops. This is not a record of what they learned, but a photo record of their visit.
Persons that attended both days of meetings were: Derek Dobson, Ty Davies, and Elder and Sister Moleff.
Wednesday 19 Nov
- 8:00 am: Introductions at Service Center
- 8:30 am: Meeting with Ice
- 10:00 am: Meeting with Som
- 11:00 am: Meeting with President Senior
- 11:30 am: 1/2 hour lunch
- 12:00 noon: Travis - also has many questions
- 1:00 pm: Meeting with Supreda
- 2:00 pm: Travel from Service Center to Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health. Teach how to register as a non-member and different options for entering data.
- 4:30 pm: Leave from Queen Sirikit to Asoke Building
- 5:30 pm: Set-up for 6 pm Fireside at Asoke Family History Center
- 6:00 pm: Start Workshop at Asoke Family History Center
Thursday 20 Nov:
- 8:30 am: Meet at the Asoke Building (Note: Those that input at Asoke may not speak or read English or have previously been on FamilySearch or know how to use a computer).
- Sister Petchfa will be our translator.
- 9:00 am: Sister Supawadee Thai-Ngoen
- 10:00 am: Sister Tan
- 11:00 am: Sister Soontree
- 12 noon: Lunch and free time till 3:00 PM
- 3:00 pm: Be at Service Center for "Lessons Learned" and prepare to leave for Changwattana
- 4:30 pm: Leave for Changwattana Building Family History Center
- 5:30 pm: Set-up for meeting in High Council room
- 6:00 pm: Start Workshop. This meeting will be videotaped.
At Service Center 19 Nov 2014
|Ty Davies, Sister Wan Thailand Family History Advisor, Derek Dobson, E/S Moleff|
|Derek Dobson, Ty Davies, Ice|
|Ty Davis, Sister Som, Derek Dobson|
|Sign outside of QSNICH acknowledging our visit|
|Presenting FamilySearch and answering questions|
|Derek Dobson instructing QSNICH employee how to register on FamilySearch|
|L-t-R: E/S Smith, Sister Moleff, |
Doctor Siraporn Sawasdivorn Director of QSNICH, Elder Moleff, Ty Davies, and Derek Dobson
|Derek Dobson instructing Supreda how to register on FamilySearch. Supreda is secretary to Wisan and a new FH Consultant at Asoke.|
|Ty Davies teaching the My Family booklet and Family Booklet on FamilySearch|
|Helping Petchfa with Chinese ancestors on Family Tree|
|Helping Mother and Daughter in FamilySearch|
|First time user with computer and FamilySearch|
At Changwattana Chapel High Council Room
|Ty Davies and Derek Dobson teaching, Sister Wan Interpreting|
|Some of the attendees|
|Group Picture. Dark suite left is Narin Counselor in BKK North Stake Presidency. Sitting right with red tie is BKK North Stake President Sathit.|